Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SMOOVEisms

Original quotes and random facts about your favorite salsaholic ;-)


"That's Beautiful." (My all-purpose phrase for anything good, bad, funny, tragic, etc.)

- I never gave any thought to dancing before I found salsa. I was quite the wall-flower (or, wall-weed since I'm a guy) prior to salsa, and had serious stage fright.

"Off tha chain like a free slave!"


- I was born on the first day of winter (In 1982, Winter solstice was Dec. 22). Maybe that's why, if forced to choose between the two, I'd choose to be too cold instead of too hot.

"Fresh breath is VERY underrated..."

- I was a very picky eater as a child. I wouldn't eat sandwiches, chicken, or fish, and I would only eat the toppings off of my pizza, leaving the crust. All that has changed, of course.

"Put some STANK on it!"

- I eat my burger before my fries. One day I realized that pretty much everyone else does the opposite.

"You got more issues than a magazine stand."

- I eat my cereal dry on purpose. However, I will drink milk as a beverage along w/ it, but only strawberry or chocolate.

"You'll never look good until you're not afraid to look stupid"

- I have a large dark birthmark that resembles freckles on my left arm that goes from the edge of my shoulder to just above my elbow. There is also a small stray dot of it that somehow made it to my right forearm.

"Being lead by your heart is like being lead by a Magic 8-Ball"

- I have an older half-brother that I've known for about 2 and a half years now. However, one would think that I was the half-brother out of the 3 of us, since I'm the only male in the family under 200 lbs, and I look everything like my mom and nothing like my dad.

"There's a reason why your windshield is bigger than your rear-view mirror."

- My name is indirectly a Biblical name. It is Greek for Myrrh, which is the scent that they gave baby Jesus as a gift. I've also seen it translated to mean "sweet smelling oil/balm" or "fragrant oil", which, in layman's terms would mean "cologne."

"Your dancing should reflect the music you're dancing to; so much that a deaf person would be able too see what the music would look like by watching you dance."

- My initials are MMA, which is funny since I am a big UFC fan (MMA = Mixed Martial Arts)

"Dancing is when your body says things that you never knew you wanted to say. You express things that words would never be able to describe."

- I'm very "anti-cliche". Meaning, if "everybody and they momma" likes/does/wears something, there's a good chance that I won't, simply for that reason. For example, if I see both Beyonce and Amerie at the mall and could only choose one autograph, I'm going straight for Amerie.


"Dance like no one is watching. But, if someone IS watching, you might as well give them a reason to keep watching!"


- Everything else in my room could be a complete and utter mess, but my DVDs and PS3 games will all be in order and in their correct cases. You won't find any of my discs laying bare and face down anywhere, nor will you open up the case for one movie/game and find the wrong disc in it.

"God and science do not oppose or contradict each other. Science is what happens when God decides to let mankind take a peak at his blueprints."

- When I was younger, I thought that my favorite color was purple. This was actually my mom's doing, because everything she bought me (bookbag, pencil boxes, scissors, etc.) was purple, due to the fact that my dad pledged Omega Psi Phi. I have obviously rebelled since then.

"A little bit of craziness helps keep the insanity away."

- I like women of all heights, but for some strange reason I have a thing for tall women. Not taller than me, of course. Somewhere in the 5'5 - 5'9 range. Don't ask me why, I'm still trying to figure that one out.


"I've come to appreciate randomness in its appropriate doses."


- I have a weird form of jealousy. If I am attracted to you in any capacity (I don't even necessarily have to like you romantically) and another guy is getting more attention from you than I am, I get jealous. I'm able to keep from showing it 'cause I know its all in my head, but it's there all the same.

"The things that people DON'T say or fail to say often speak so much louder than the things they actually say."

- I'm a big fan of the Horror Movie genre, especially ones that are deep and intricate and have good plot twists. I'm actually more likely to laugh during a horror movie than be scared by one. I'm still looking for a movie that can really scare me. Yeah, I might just be slightly sick in the head...

"If the dancefloor were a highway, we'd all be DEAD."

- I can't stand when people chew w/ their mouths open. That is the most annoying sound to me.

"Love is like a highway: all the signs are obvious, but we only acknowledge them when they're convenient for us."

- I'm a conflict avoider and can't stand to have anyone mad at me. I don't feel right if I even THINK you're mad at me. I hate being in conflicts, so when one actually occurs, I go out of my way to resolve it, even if I know it's not my fault.

"Some people are a trip. Others, however, are an all-expenses-paid vacation. You just gotta figure out if they're worth the time off."

- I can't stand country music, but I can recite "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie Chix by heart.

"Your mind & heart should work together, running checks and balances on each other. Never make decisions w/out input from both."

- I'm fiercely loyal to my home sports teams. I support my Hawks and Falcons, regardless of their records. Yes, I was down w/ them before they started doing well. I figure, if you're gonna be a fan, be a true fan, not one who only supports when it's convenient. Atlanta has too many fair weather fans.


"It's hot as fish grease outside..."


- I have a huge fascination with big cats, especially black panthers (no militant or racial influence there, I promise). I don't really care for Lions too much, though. They remind me of the types of people who always have to have an entourage of people around them, giving off that arrogant or unapproachable vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment